Butcher Block Kitchen Table Set
Home Kitchen Butcher Block Kitchen Table Set
Photo 1 of 5
Butcher Block Kitchen Tables (beautiful Butcher Block Kitchen Table
The image about Butcher Block Kitchen Table Set was published on
July 3, 2017 at 3:38 am. It is posted at the Kitchen category.
Butcher Block Kitchen Table Set is tagged with Butcher Block
Kitchen Table Set, Butcher, Block, Kitchen, Table, Set..
butcher (bch′r),USA pronunciation
- a retail or wholesale dealer in meat.
- a person who slaughters certain animals, or who dresses the flesh
of animals, fish, or poultry, for food or market.
- a person guilty of brutal or indiscriminate slaughter or murder.
- a vendor who hawks newspapers, candy, beverages, etc., as on a
train, at a stadium, etc.
- to slaughter or dress (animals, fish, or poultry) for market.
- to kill indiscriminately or brutally.
- to bungle;
botch: to butcher a job.
block (blok),USA pronunciation
- a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more flat or
approximately flat faces.
- a hollow masonry building unit of cement, terra cotta, etc.: a wall made of concrete blocks.
- one of a set of cube-shaped pieces of wood, plastic, or the like,
used as a child's toy in building.
- a mold or piece on which something is shaped or kept in shape: a hat block.
- a piece of wood used in the art of making woodcuts or wood
- the base on which a plate is mounted to make it type-high.
- a projection left on a squared stone to provide a means of lifting
- a short length of plank serving as a bridging, as between joists.
- a stump or wooden structure on which a condemned person is
beheaded: Mary Stuart went bravely to the block.
- See auction block.
- [Mach.]a part enclosing one or more freely rotating, grooved
pulleys, about which ropes or chains pass to form a hoisting or
- an obstacle, obstruction, or hindrance: His stubbornness is a block to all my efforts.
- the state or condition of being obstructed;
blockage: The traffic block lasted several hours.
- an obstruction, as of a nerve.
- See heart block.
- a hindering of an opponent's actions.
- a quantity, portion, or section taken as a unit or dealt with at
one time: a large block of theater tickets.
- a small section of a city, town, etc., enclosed by neighboring and
intersecting streets: She lives on my block.
- the length of one side of such a section: We walked two blocks over.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a large building divided into separate apartments,
offices, shops, etc.
- a large number of bonds or shares of stock sold together as a
- a group of data stored as a unit on an external storage medium and
handled as a unit by the computer for input or output: This file has 20 records per block.
- a section of storage locations in a computer allocated to a
particular set of instructions or data.
- a group of consecutive machine words organized as a unit and
guiding a particular computer operation, esp. with reference to
input and output.
- (on a flow chart) a symbol representing an operation, device, or
instruction in a computer program.
- any of the short lengths into which a track is divided for
- [Philately.]a group of four or more unseparated stamps, not in a
- a person's head.
- [Glassmaking.]a wooden or metal cup for blocking a gather.
- an obstruction or stoppage in mental processes or speech, esp. when
related to stress, emotional conflict, etc.
- See writer's block.
- any large, angular mass of solid rock.
- See fault block.
- (in Canada) a wild or remote area of land that has not yet been
surveyed: the Peace River block.
- See cylinder block.
- [Falconry.]a low perch to which a falcon is tethered outdoors.
- put or go on the block, to offer or be offered for sale at auction: to put family heirlooms on the block.
- to obstruct (someone or something) by placing obstacles in the way
(sometimes fol. by up): to block one's exit; to block up a passage.
- to fit with blocks;
mount on a block.
- to shape or prepare on or with a block: to block a hat; to block a sweater.
- to join (the ends of boards or the like) by fasten