Calcium Nitrate Granular is a water-soluble fertiliser for
fertigation application on a wide range of fruit and vegetable crop
Nitrogen Content (N)
N in the NO3 form
N in the NH4 form
Calcium Content (Ca)
pH (1.0% Solution)
E.C. (0.1% Solution)
1.0 -1.3 g/ml
Turbidity (3.5% Solution)
Intended for application in the fertiliser, agricultural and
Importance of Calcium & Nitrogen in plant growth.
- Calcium and Nitrogen are two of the most important elements for
- Nitrogen is essential in all plant processes and is a key component
of protein and chlorophyll.
- Calcium is necessary for proper functioning of growing points and
is essential in the formation of cell walls. It also has an
important role in Nitrogen metabolism.
- Calcium has a major effect on prolonging the storage life of fruit
and vegetables and is a key element in fruit quality.
Calcium deficiency symptoms include:
- Stunted root system, yellowing and weakening of stem tips and
- Leaf margin browning of green vegetables and loss of flowers and
- Blossom end rot in tomatoes and capsicums and bitter pit in apples.
- Nitrogen deficiency will result in yellowing of vegetation, slow
growth and delayed maturity.
Benefits of using Calcium Nitrate Granular
- Calcium Nitrate is a soluble granule ideal for use in fertigation
- Calcium Nitrate supplies both Nitrogen and Calcium which are both
essential for quality and optimum yield of horticulture crops.
- Nitrate nitrogen in Calcium Nitrate is readily available while the
ammonium nitrogen is available more slowly.
- High level of Calcium present in Calcium Nitrate results in
non-acidifying conditions in acid soils.
For application rates, seek professional agronomic advice.