HRB65 32# shock absorber piston with density 6.5g/cm3 and teflon
Piston ring Bands
Physical performance for shock piston
More than 18MPa
elongation @ break
More than 160%
shore hardness (bands)
57 - 61
2.06 – 2.19 g/cm3
Less than 50mg
Less than 0.2
hardness (sinter piston)
Technical requirements for sinter piston
Raw material F50 - U3 - 66 or FC - 0208
With steam treatment
OD tested by digital air gauge
Wave design for PTFE bands
32# shock absorber piston with HRB65-80, density 6.5g/cm3, band
PTFE disc on OD used in car shock
Xia Yi was found in 2005, after several years’ effort, we have
achieved great success in the enterprise.
We increased our workshop this year and developed several new
automatic machines which highly
improve our work efficiency.
We have a technical team to develop automatic banding machine and
new generation machine has
improved much advantages compared with previous ones. We improve
our pressing machine and other
machines to lower the cost and improve efficiency.
The detail information of the pistons:
1. Size: D32, used in automotive shock absorbers
2. Material, GRADE AND COLOR: TEFLON PTFE 6507A NC010 (Dupont)
3. When temperature reach 100ºС, expansion ratio ≤+/-1%
4. Using the testing ring D26.6, with the shock absorber oil, max
frictional force is 15N
5. Piston can get through freely of the certain size of cylinder
with 2N force
6. PTFE tensile strength ≥18MPa, breaking tenacity ≥200%
7. Tight integration between piston and PTFE disc. PTFE won't fall
off when working in the cylinder.
After processing performance can satisfy the following:
1) Stress cracking test 150ºС*500 hours
2) Drawing load test: 39.2 MPa*10,000cycles
3) High vilocity operation, durability test: 1,000,000 cycles
4) Regular operating durability test: 3,000,000 cycles
No band peel off or breakage after test.
1. Consistency in size for the same batch pistons
2. Infrared ray detect the diameter
3. Produce the PTFE disc by Xia Yi can control the quality itself
4. Enough testing machine can assure the material properties
We can use the following material to produce PTFE discs:
We can add bronze powder or carbon fiber or graphite or other
fillers in PTFE
Lip design: We can design no lip, single lip or double lip
according to the customer’s demand.
Xia Yi produces shock absorber pistons with many different types.
These pistons can be used in front or
rear shock absorbers.
We have a strong technical team to research and develop automatic
skirting machines. Only need to put
PTFE discs and sinter pistons on table, the machine will do the job
to combine them together and finally
get the finished PTFE banded pistons.
Car or motorbike shock absorbers
Unique material for shock piston bands
Pistons are produced by automatic banding machine can assure the
consistency of the size
Complete testing equipment