Micro silica ,also called silica fume or micro silica, is a
byproduct of production silicon metal or ferrosilicon alloys.
Silicon metal and alloys are produced in electric furnaces.The raw
materials are quartz,coal and woodchips.The smoke that results from
furnace operation is collected and sold as silica fume, silica fume
consists primarily of amorphous(non-crystalline) silicon
dioxide(SiO2),its average granule diameter is 0.15~0.20um,specific
surface area is 15000~20000m2/kg,and it has extremely strong
MICROSILICA in refractories
1)Traditional refractories in many pores,microsilica fume filling
in the pores ,increased bulk density and porosity of lower
intensity can significantly enhanced.
2)Microsilica with strong activity in the water yo form colloidal
particles,adding suitable dispersant can be strengthened liquidity,
thereby improving performance casting.
3)Microsilica fume formed easily in the water-Si-oh and has strong hydrophilicity and
activity can enhance the coshesion refractories, at the same time,
high temperature performance major improvements, and extens the
life of refractory products.
4)Microsilica fume widely used in the refractory industry
Replace aluminum oxide mud for refractories.
As additives production unshaped and amorphous refractory
products,its strength,high temperature performance greatly
improved. Shing drums for the overall combination of procoagulant
casting agent, Other refractory products cohesion agent, binder,
procoagulant agent, additives.
1) Concrete or Shotcrete
• Increase its density and strength, improve the performance on its
impact resistance, corrosion resistance, anti-permeability and
frost resistance etc
2) Refractory material & Ceramics material
• Greatly improve its density, strength and high temperature
3) Cementitous Repair Products (Mortars & Grouts)
• Low permeability, increase resistance from chlorides, acids,
nitrates and sulfate etc.
4) Oil Well Grouting
• Increase durability and compressive strength, decrease
permeability, better control of gas leakage
5) Concrete Tile, roofing & wallboard,panels
• Lightweight and improve the strength
6) Polymers & rubber product
7) other application, such as waterglass industry, thermal
insulation material etc.
85% silica fume technical parameter: