Polyisocyanurate PIR is a foaming material made by the
polymerization of isocyanate and polyether. Its physical and fire
resistance is better than that of polyurethane. It has the
advantages of small thermal conductivity and high dimensional
stability, and it belongs to organic hard thermal insulation
1. Fire resistance rated as B1;
2. Operating temperature range-196℃-120℃;
3. Excellent dimension stability;
4. Can be cut in panels and pipes according to customer
ASTM D1622 / ISO 845
ASTM D 1621
ASTM D 1623
Flame Spread Index
|Oxygen index||≥30||GB/T 2406.2|
Water Absorption by Vol.
Water Vapor Permeability
|Closed Cell Ratio||%||≥95||ASTM D6226|
Lineal Thermal Expansion Coefficient
|m/(m·K )||≤70×10-6||ASTM D696|
It is a kind of ideal organic low-temperature heat insulation
materials, which has the advantages of small thermal conductivity
and high dimensional stability. It is suitable for a wide range of
temperatures and is widely used in LNG, ethylene, cold storage and
other low-temperature industries.
Typical PIR Insulation System Structure
(1) PIR Shell : inner layer + middle layer (if necessary) + outer
(2) Secondary Vapor Barrier : PAP aluminum foil;
(3) Main Vapor Barrier : mastic + fiberglass meshes + mastic;
(4) Metal Protective Layer : aluminum alloy plate, stainless steel
plate, aluminized steel plate, GRP;
(5) Sealant : HS-10-02, Foster 95-50, etc;
(6) Strapping Material : stainless steel tape, sub sensitive tape.
Packing and Storage
1. Store in a dry, lightproof, shady, and ventilated place, keep
away from heat source and protect from sun exposure.
2. The inner package is packed in black polyethylene bags and the
outer package is packed in cartons.
1. PIR shall be handled gently, avoid rolling, collision and heavy
pressure during moving.
2. When applied to pipe and equipment insulation, PIR shall be
fastened with glass fiber tape or steel band.
3. Cut it with saw during application.