1. About the Manual
The Lake Drilling MOTOR is a powerful and reliable positive
displacement motor. The motor generates an optimum balance of
rotational speed and high torque to drive a variety of drill bits
at speeds that maximize tool life and performance. LAKE MOTORS
offers a choice of flow rates, speeds, and torques to match a wide
range of operational parameters. LAKE MOTORS are used in
applications such as straight hole drilling, directional
(steerable) drilling, horizontal drilling, hole opening, and
2. ADVANTAGES OF DOWNHOLE MOTOR
Increased rate of penetration.
Better hole deviation control.
Reduction in drill string failure rate.
Reduction in wear and tear of the swivel, Kelly, and rotary drives.
Reduction in fuel cost, since compared to rotary drilling, less
energy is required to power a downhole motor.
Downhole motors differ in size and performance characteristics, but
they share the same basic components as follows (Fig.1) :
Safety Catch Sub
Mud motor, Downhole Motor used for HDD machine Rock conditation
Drilling, Rock tools
Usage It is one kind of positive displacement downhole motor, with
working principle is to convert the high pressure fluid power of
mud into mechanical energy for bit rotation. It is widely used in
oil field and mine directional well and horizontal well, cluster
Wells and vertical Wells, drilling, deflecting, adjusting azimuth,
coring, reaming, side tracking and workover treatment, and also
applied in some special operations as compound drilling and
A Variof Types &ety the Capabilities In accordance with the actual drilling needs, we push out high,
midiem and low speed downhole motors, of a variety of types with
different functional configuration and application for all working
1. Standard type Standard motor, mud lubricating transmission shaft, straight, single and double
2. Long type The torque is increased by 30%to 60%than standard ones, mud
lubricating transmission shaft, straight, single and double bent.
3. High flow rate type The adoption of hollow rotor and different sizes of hard alloy jet
nozzle to increase the incoming flow and bit power.
4.High deflection type The unique structure design makes the overall length shorter and
bent housing closer to the bit, deflection rate reach up to 1/m, so
as to keep good working conditions.
5. High temperature resistance type The motor stator is made of superior quality high temperature
resistant rubber, which enables the motor to perform stably in the
well bottom at max. 175 C.
6. Oil-stransmission shaft type ealed It improves the working condition of thrust bearing and
radial bearing, and increases the life span of each single trip.
7. Bend angle adjustable type We equip the motors with adjustable bend housing in different
types and sizes, and through which before dropping we can adjust
the bend angle.
8. Saturated saltwater mud resistance type The special coating on the rotor with strong ability of
anti-corrosion and wear-resistance enables the motor to work stably
for a long time in the condition of saturated saltwater mud.
9. Impact Resistance Type We adopt a series of shock absorbers to lighten or eliminate bit
jumping and impact shock occurring in drilling, protect the
drilling tools avoiding damage, increase service life and ensure
the drilling safe and efficient.